Friday, November 1, 2013

2 to Go!

The year is quickly disappearing and so are our opportunities to reach the goals we set for ourselves at the beginning of the year.  Here is my update on how I am doing with my goals.

Financial Wellness 
By the end of 2013, we would like to pay off over 20% of the current outstanding debt on our house.  To do this Anna and I will continue to work together with our finances find more opportunities to earn and save more money.  We have also considered looking at selling our house, since we probably have a larger house then we really need. 
UPDATE:  During the month of September we had a few unexpected expenses, which slowed down our debt payoff by a month.  We are back to being set to knock out our current mortgage no later than March 1, 2016 (Only 851 Days Away!) 
Intellectual Wellness 
My goal for 2013 is to read at least 100.  As Charlie Jones said, "Five years from today, you will be the same person that you are today, except for the books you read and the people you meet."  I want to read some good books, so that I can be a better person five years from now. 
UPDATE:  I have currently read 81 books in 2013 and as always working on a few mores.  I have fallen even more behind and am now two books off pace.  I will have the opportunity to do more reading during Thanksgiving break this month to hopefully catch up going into the final month of the year. 
Physical Wellness 
By the end of 2013 I would like to be back at my pre-broken foot weight. 
UPDATE: I ended up staying on track toward my goal at the end of October.  My short term goal for November is to lose at least 7.2 pounds to keep me on track!  

Spiritual Wellness 
After finishing reading the Bible again in 2012, I plan on starting over in 2013.  In addition to reading the Bible, I will be using Tony Dungy's The One Year Uncommon Life Daily Challenge for my personal quiet time in 2013.  
UPDATE:  I have stayed on top of my personal quiet time this month and plan to add more journaling to the time during the month of October and share some of my thoughts through twitter or other social media outlets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment